Over 20 years experience working in Quality Assurance, managing test activities, test planning, leading and coaching test teams, software development and project coordination, software release and configuration management, web and software development in Financial and banking solutions, Retail, Health, telecom and Public Safety systems where I contributed to high quality products, standardization and quality process improvement- defect prevent and detection. In addition, to my strong leadership skills and knowledge in PM, SQA, PDLC, OO-SDLC, and Agile methodologies- Scrum and Kanban, I possess technical knowledge in several domains and systems. Furthermore, my high energy, strong believe in continuous improvement, detail oriented, strong analytical, problem-solving, troubleshooting, training and coaching capabilities, documentation, bilingual, excellent communication and interpersonal skills are used to improve software quality, reliability and ensure project objectives and scheduled deadlines are met.
Quality assurance management, SDLC Waterfall, Agile, BDD, Release Management, Continuous Improvement, Web development, V&V, Customer support, Team management, Team building, Quality Coaching, Quality Tracking and Reporting, Defect Management, Scrum Master, Project Management, Develop Test strategies and planning, Certification(NIV), compliance & Auditing.
Scrum Master Training, College Maisonneuve (2017),
Masters in Project Management, UQO (Dec. 2008),
Graduate Certificate in E-Commerce, McGill (2006),
White Belt Quality–Six Sigma Certificate, Motorola University (2006),
BComm, Major: MIS, JMSB-Concordia University (2004)
• Involved in the transformation of Videotron from a Waterfall methodology towards a flexible and agile/DevOps approach under the People, Process and tools framework.
• Evaluate the current situation, as a team brainstorm and develop a transformation strategy to put in place a collaborative platform to facilitate transparency, traceability, KPIs and better inspection between the scrum teams.
• Act as an agile coach to the Quality Team and IT teams until the introduction of the Scrum coach role.
• Elaborate risk-based test strategies and provided test estimates through the project gates.
• Participated and played a major role in the transformation of BNC towards a scaled agile methodology and DevOps.
• Introduced and facilitated the integration of BDD within the organization
• Coached the scrum team (Product Owners, BAs, and the development teams) on the use of BDD
• Assisted in the structuring the backlog with a Test-first mind to ensure better transparency, inspection and adaptation.
• In collaboration with the Product Owner and Scrum Masters, define the roadmap and cross-functional integration strategies and backlog using Kanban.
• Worked as a facilitator between the scrum teams (Squads) in a large and complex program.
• Managed and lead a QA team of 12 resources for a high profile program of a multi-channel delivery model with a $20 million budget.
• Effectively lead teams with various staffing models including interns, on-shore, near-shore and off-shore resources.
• Built a cohesive test team who shared best practices, test responsibilities, and supported reuse of test cases and test scenarios using cucumber Gherkins syntax.
• Elaborated Test strategies and provided estimates for Manual, Automation, and Performance test for high profile projects using both Waterfall & Agile methodologies.
• Developed the guidelines for the sprint Definition of Ready, Definition of Done, and Release Definition of Done as a start point for discussion with the scrum team.
• Managed test planning using the risk based approach to quality ensuring better resource allocation and alignment of leadership focus.
• Chaired and managed daily defect meetings (defect triage) and prioritized defect corrective actions with the Product Owners, development team, Partners and Project Managers.
• Evaluated and recommended bank wide strategic tools such as X-ray for JIRA and saucelabs to reduce cost of licensing fees by more than 300k and test efforts by 20%, and to increase the quality of managing test scenarios, improve developers and test analyst productivity, transparency, and user experience.
• Implemented programs to identify and drive early test adoption and Agile principles in all projects, validated functional and non-functional requirements.
• Automated Test dashboards and defect reporting for project teams and upper management.
• Increased test coverage and efficiency without having to increase the number of test analysts by integrating test analysts with development teams resulting in a cohesive agile work environment.
• Developed and maintained project test schedules, tracked and forecasted project test costs and efforts, and managed project test risks and test data.
• Coordinated project testing and automation test development for functional and non-functional testing, including Manual, Automation, Security, and Performance tests for high profile projects using both Waterfall & Agile methodologies across Wealth management (RPM) and Digital Channels: “Mobile & web apps, Mobile Payments (Google/Apple Pay), Cheque Image, ATM, POS and External API Integration (Equifax, Korem, etc)”.
• Studied, Analyzed, and introduced ways to improve and optimize existing QA process.
• Performed coaching and training sessions to Management and the software development teams.
• Developed Test Cases writing standards based on ISO/IEEE norms and best practices.
• Implemented and Managed TestLink test case management systems.
• Coordinated Test execution, produced metrics, progress reports and lessons learned.
• Developed Test Strategies, Test Plans, Test cases, and training materials.
• Translated Test scenarios and test cases from Requirements and Software Specifications.
• Executed EMV Visa, MC(NIV) and Interac Certification and Defect verification using different test methods, such as, Pre-Certification, Integration, functional, acceptance, and regression.
• Elaborated Test strategies and Test Plans
• Developed Test scenarios, test cases and sql procedures using VSTS/SSIS
• Managed Defect triages
• Created test reports and test metrics
• Participated in QA Process Improvement, defined Test structure & migration to HPQC.
• Developed Test Plans and created test cases.
• Developed and executed manual and automated tests using QTP through all test phases.
• Participated in Root Cause Analysis, Defect reviews and QA Process Improvement
• Developed test plans and executed Test cases as per user requirements and specifications.
• Verified & validated user & system requirements against ISO/FDA regulatory standards.
Software Release Coordinator/Configuration Manager Specialist 2000 -2003
• Analyzed, reviewed, managed, and assigned software and hardware defects.
• Coordinated software review meetings between senior developers, PM and clients
• Developed, maintained and built U-Scan baselines, configuration files and release notes.
• Managed and Performed technical support for US and UK customers accounts
• Insured user requirements and software delivery deadlines are met.
• Recommended solutions to improve customization procedures and ways to reduce redundancy of software customization by 50%.
• Performed Installation, Load, Unit, and Integration testing prior to release to QA, therefore, reducing build failure by 95%.
GUI Designer and Analyst 2001-2002
• Developed and Maintained POS GUI – configuration and XML versions.
• Reduced GUI errors and failure through Integration, Unit and regression testing by 95%.
Quality Assurance Specialist 2000-2001
• Performed SQA testing in a white and/or black box environment.
• Developed and maintained software/hardware test plans, test cases, and QA Intranet site
• Restaurant Manager
• Grocery Store Cashier